C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:25:06 -0500
Hi Carla,

   Well, Amber tripped this weekend, but it was on one her own pantlegs.
Fell dramatically and slide down the hall ( hardwood floor) arms extended
like Supermans. We spent 3 hours in the ER, and we lucked out - only a badly
sprained great toe on right foot. When the Doc said "Are we a Klutz? - I
said, No she has CP. Oh I didn't know - well it was on her chart!  I hate it
even if someone is clumsy - because even graceful humans must trip
occasionally.  We look like a semi matched pair, I am still in a sling and
splint from my header down the stairs ( best Hollywood style - was an
awesome trip but I never want to do that again) and she has a cast boot
thingy.

   We do have 4 cats and 2 dogs, and especially first thing in the morning -
I am covered in furry critters. The new puppy a long haired miniature
Dachshund - is always right under the feet. Both dogs sit by my feet when I
cook and clean in the kitchen and the dishes and the cats help by climbing
in the dishwasher and the lower cabinets when I put away the pots.

  The new kitchen is nice - but I still don't have windows. The last
contractor was horrible and I fired him - when the wall paper started coming
off the wall the day after it was put up. The ceilings were painted 2 shades
of white, and a mess of other things. I had the plimber in after they left a
$500 bill for breaking a pipe in the kitchen and starting a flood, after the
put the sink and desposal and dishwasher back. Amber helped me replace the
potty guts. She was good. Better than the contractor and cheaper than the
plumber!! When I had Alex help me - she broke the tank top. I am not sure
the house is going to survive the kids, and the contarctors!!

   Amber has a great winter - 2 weeks off from school for the snow!!

   Her IEP is Thursday - so wish me luck.

                                       Trisha