C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:29:31 EST
How far we haven't come. I weighed between 130-150 from the age of 16 to 30.
I was trainer for the track and footbal team in high school and was in pretty
good shape. I could run the 100 yds in 16 seconds, now I can't walk a 100
yards. I weigh
250+. The peak period for me was as a counselor at the Texas Lion's Camp for
Crippled Children when I could push a 150 lbs kid with MD up a rocky hill.
The camp was coed and some of the female counselors were Kilgore Rangerettes,
the predecessors to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders! That kept us motivated
to stay in shape. But going to college I forgot about sports and staying in
shape and it has been down hill ever since.

Bobby