C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 13:44:44 -0500
Beth T. here. Token professional.  Just got back from a seating and mobility
conference and realize yet again what a complex issue it is.
So, now the weather is nice and brain is tired....

beth t the OT

To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: CP

Er, I'm a database programmer, not a data entry person. :-)  A big
difference.  In any case, I'm almost 50 and am in a wheelchair, although I
walked for many years without braces, even though I wore braces until I was
13.  After the braces came off and before I was on crutches, I did it all -
hiking, camping, volleyball, racquetball, tennis, football (soccer), you
name it.  Wore my joints out in the process and that's why I'm in a
wheelchair.

I live in NC, where I'm at a friend's house at the moment, waiting for the
power to come back on at my flat.  I've been without power for 2 1/2 days
now.  It may be Monday before Duke Power can get it back on. Ugh.

Kat