BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"The Enron of preservation listservs!" --Frito (Mrs. Kenneth) Lay" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:29:17 -0500
Christopher,
    Oh no!  Another temple of information is not what it seems?  What I
really want is to be able to read papers by conservators and building
science types like the articles and papers you can search so easily at the
med sites.
    By the way, the New Haven Public library used to have the most
incredible collection of large format books on art and architecture.  Some
excellent pattern books and the like.  They were rare books thirty years
ago, but you could sign them out just like any other book.  In grade school
I used to sign out as many as I could hall in my back pack and bicycle side
bins, maybe ten at a time.  Unfortunately many, many of them have
disappeared and are no longer available to the public.  Oh, and the library
was actually open when you weren't in school,  at night and on weekends.
Best,
Leland