BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ]<en Phollit
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 08:01:48 -0500
>>Hi Rudy,  Apparently you are not one of the city crowd on this list,
or the
trees in the park are getting tapped.  If that were the case I imagine
I'd
see it on TV even way up here.  So where do you do all this sugaring?
Ruth<<

We have 54 acres of fallow land and woods in north central Ohio. Those
who have been here or have known us for long call it the center of the
universe.

Ohio was heavily logged and what we have now is re-growth forest in two
stages. The older is beyond the old property line and has never been
grazed or planted as far as we can tell. The rest is where fields were
"squared off" to accommodate tractors with multiple bottom plows. That's
were the best sugar maples are.

We are currently reconstructing an 1815 timber frame church here
(required content) for a home. It will be a shame to leave shack sweet
shack.

Rudy