Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:35:51 -0600

Buddy wrote:
   >Ooh, here we go again.
   >We had this discussion about four years ago, as I recall. Could be
   >closer to five, now. But at that time the director of the VE office,
   >Bart/W9JJ, sent a bunch of us the VE manual in text format, and I
   >believe even said that blind people could be VE's. (I don't recall
   >if he had any reservations about heading up a VE team or not, but
   >there you are.) So much for living in an enlightened age, eh?
I wouldn't see why he would.  IF you have enough volunteer examiners
to actually supervise the session why should there be any.

Speaking of which does anybody happen to have that VE manual as ascii
text?  I've got my printed copy which my xyl read to me before I took
the open book exam but would like to have it as an ascii where it's
actually searchable if I wanted to.  Cassettes aren't quite searchable
handily, and I don't do mp3.

73 de nf5b

wHo is a registered arrl ve.

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania