From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:39:02 -0800
Hi All,

Sorry for the cross post here but I want to get the question out to a broad
audience.  I am an active ham and still use dos on my computer for some
applications such as contest logging software.  When in dos and in windows
at the moment I am using a Doubletalk PC internal synthesizer.  The drawback
to this synth is that it is generating noise which is picked up on a
multitude of frequencies by my various ham rigs and is causing interference
to my listening.

Does anyone on either list have any knowledge of other synthesizers which
might generate less noise and which will function in a dos environment?  I
can use Eloquence in Windows but dos boxes don't always read as well as a
dos screen reader for what I need.  I know from past experience that the
Symphonix 215 is much dirtier in terms of interference than the Doubletalk
but don't know about other synths.

When replying, please send privately and also to my home email address of
[log in to unmask] so I can read responses this weekend.  I will certainly be
appreciative of any advice any of you can give me.

Thanks very much.
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450