From:
Tom Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:01:17 -0600
I'm studying for my test this week and have what appears to me to be a pretty
basic question but cannot find the answer to it.  One of the things said to
determine capacitance is one side of one of the plates.  Do I assume that if we
have something like a tuning cap with multiple plates such as in old radio
tuners that this is treated as a series?  Second, when they say one side of one
of the plates I'm assuming that means the side toward another plate.  My
question is does that mean the smaller plate (if that apples) or does it mean
the plate with the smallest area overlapping the other plate?

Sorry if I'm being a little slow with this but I just don't seem to be able to
find that particular question answered.  Even the ARRL book I've got just quotes
from the question in the pool as an explanation.

Tom

Tom Brennan, CCC-A/SLP, RHD
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html