From:
Tom Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:38:55 -0600
Don, the current entry level is the tech.  I'm going to take my exam next week
so am familiar with the stuff (I hope <g>).  All code is 5wpm now and its sent
at 16wpm speech with 5wpm spacing.  The code with the tech will give you cw and
phone (ssb) on 10m and cw on 80, 40, and 20m.  Of course, those are restricted
sections of the bands but still let you get on hf to experience a bit of skip.

Handi-hams requires membership and yhou have to purchase most materials from
them.  You can, however, get the tech question pol from the ARRL site.

Now if I can just find someone to practice some cw with before next Wednesday I
can go for the code with the tech <g>.

Tom

Tom Brennan, CCC-A/SLP, RHD
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html