From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:15:43 -0800
Amen.  I spent many happy hours on 40 -- both on CW and on phone
(old-fashioned AM and then SSB).  40 has an interesting personality
ranging from an intrastate band to DX.

Of course, I'd be happy if the allocation would be what it was in this
country before 1951 - CW only throughout! (grin)  Ain't in the cards.  In
fact, I'd be interested in the rationale for that allocation in the first
place.  Any octoginarian FCC engineers on here?

73!

Mike Freeman < K 7 U I J >