From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 04:01:50 -0500
Using that as an example, I would suspect so.  I do wonder however if the
original message was in a different character set or something.
3 questions to ask to evaluate a hoax.

1.  Does it predict some dyer catastrophe if you don't follow it's advice.
2.  Have you heard the story from news sources beyond the Internet?
3.  Does it tell you to do something that will both spread the hoax and
make you look like a fool?

This one answers yes on all three tests.