Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:27:39 +0900
Velia Green wrote:

> Hi.  Been lurking a week or two.  I tried Paleo several years ago.  I'm interested in what you would categorize as any major changes in paleoeating now vs 3 yrs ago?

>From your description, not much.

> The hardest thing back then was finding products.  We don't live near good sources for things.  And now my husband is about to retire and I'm disabled, so the sheer act of all that tracking down and shopping seems even more daunting, not to say going on a reduced and fixed budget soon.  Right now I'm trying to figure out ways to save time and energy in cooking.

Try a crock pot? Set the timer and it is ready at meal time.
Great way to save money too. Drop in a big old stew bone and
some tough cheap beef. Good way to handle leftovers too, the
never-ending stew. Even throw in the bones from dinner. The
only thing is to avoid the sweeter veggies like carrots and
onions, as they will spoil faster if you don't eat it all up
in a day or two.

> I've been seeing some posts about fructose and fruits.  Are fruits now no-nos?

No, fruits are still in. The article I posted was mainly
concerned with the large amounts of fructose in soft drinks
and prepared foods. They did mention fruits, and advised not
to eat huge amounts at one sitting, but other than that,
fruits are fine. Same as anything, don't overdo.