Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 06:34:05 +0900
Pat Hrycko wrote:

> Is it really this tough getting started?!  Missing breads tremendously.
> Not a lot of time to cook, consequently meals are getting a bit dull and
> monotonous.  Red meats not digesting comfortably. Tried the ketchup recipe
> and it came out like sauce instead.  Help!! Anyone out there who could help
> me get over this hump?  Thank you for any input...(PS, not sure I am
> communicating these questions in the right forum.)

I had the same troubles when I started. I was living off
home-made whole wheat bread before I started, and it was
tough giving it up. But really, the results were so
immediate that I am not really tempted to.

My diet was pretty boring too at first, until I learned how
to spice it up. I was eating a lot of pork chops and steak.
I still do, but my range of other foods has greatly
increased as I found out where to buy things. It took time
to find good mixed nuts, etc. I suppose if you are in the US
you can find most of the foods you need in a supermarket.

Buy a good range of fruits and vegetables, keep the kitchen
well stocked. If you stick with it for a while, a few weeks,
fruits will come to seem very sweet, and desserts oversweet.

If the meat isn't digesting well, give it some more time.
Back off some, eat more vegetables to give yourself time to
adapt. If you were vegetarian before this may take a while.
Try more turkey, chicken, fish. Might be more easy to digest.

Good luck. It worked for me.