Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:51:47 -0500
From: "Maddy Mason"
> Irony, because in Roy Walford's book, Beyond the 120 Year Diet

I'm far from an expert on caloric restriction :-) in theory or practice, but
from what I have gleaned on the subject is that CR practitioners cut cals to
*lower* their metabolic rate which in turn reduces the number of free
radicals.  Fewer FR = longer life.  Many CR-ers also eschew exercise for the
same reason, but avoiding exercise is little problem since many experience
lethargy/weakness. How on earth they keep the weight loss/catabolism from
eating up their muscles is beyond me.

I certainly won't argue that I, like probably most people, eat too much, but
I think CR practiced paleo style would have to differ greatly from that
practiced by the life extensionists.  I really don't see how a *lack of
exercise* could ever fit in to a paleo plan.  Intermittent feast and famine,
yes.

As for myself, I try to tweak my metabolic rate upwards to enhance weight
loss.  And exercise, rather than making me hungrier, usually diminishes my
appetite.

Theola