Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:06:08 -0400
Theola Walden Baker wrote:

>>hunter-gatherers, what is the body fat distribution curve?  Does anyone
>>know?
>>

>I wondered about this myself after looking at the pictures in Weston Price's
>book.  Most don't, but a few of the people on their native diets have
>visible subcu fat.  At least it appears so to my eye.  I kept trying to
>determine such things as body type, skeletal size, etc.  But of course it's
>commonly said the camera bestows an extra 10 lbs.

Well, subcutaneous fat is one thing, and I have read that there are
substantial genetic variations in it, along roughly racial lines.
 Asians tend to have somehwat more subcutaneous fat than Caucasians, who
in turn tend to have more than Africans.  This would undoubtedly have
some effect on average body fat percentages, but there are other fat
deposits to consider as well.  But I have no idea what a hunter-gatherer
norm might be for these.

Todd Moody