C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:14:08 -0500
Good points, Kat.  Problem is, the world's leaders are not as altruistic as
the populations they represent.  Global opinion is often created by "State"
media--even in so-called democracies.  If the leaders have a vested interest
in the status quo, as the French obviously do, then they couldn't give a
rat's arse about the Iraqi peasantry.  I do feel that the US leadership does
have the Iraqi proletariat at heart--maybe in a minimalist way, but at least
more so than our partners in the Security Council.

The U.N. is not without blood on it's hands, either.  Anyone besides me
remember that Boutros-Boutros Gali was from the same clan as the Somali
warlord Aidid?  I have some trust of NATO, but as far as the "blue helmet
gang" is concerned, the more marginalized they become, the better.