Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Subject:
[[log in to unmask]: Re: Argonaut V]
From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:02:40 -0400
Here's their response.

My response to them is forthcoming.
----- Forwarded message from "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <[log in to unmask]> -----

To: [log in to unmask]

At 09:46 PM 7/24/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi:
>
>This looks like a very interesting radio indeed. However, I have (as a
>blind ham) a couple of usability questions, possibly suggestions:
>
>1. Are there a lot of configuration menus? If there are configuration
>   menus, are there any sort of audible cues to indicate first or last
>   menu selections, default states of menu options, etc.? (If not, I
>   submit that these would be good for anyone, not just blind
>   hams. Think of hams who are mobile and may not want to look at
>   their displays excessively, preferring to concentrate on driving
>   instead.)

Hi Buddy:

There are not alot of menus but there are some.  We try to make it as easy
and understandable
as we can.  There are no audible cues to the functions at least in the
software coming out
with the first Argonauts.

>2. Is direct frequency entry via a numeric keypad available either
>   standard or as an option? See usability comments for the first
>   question.

No, there is no keypad available for the Argonaut.

>3. Is there a speech synthesizer option for the reading of operating
>   frequency or other operating parameters? If not, would it be
>   difficult to implement this feature, or one that sends useful
>   information in cw through the rig's speaker? (I'd submit that this
>   would be extremely useful in not only mobile conditions but also in
>   power limited conditions where excessive use of display lights (and
>   not enough ambiant light) would be difficult.

There is not a speech synthesizer available for the Argonaut.  I am quite
sure there is not
one being considered for this rig.

>A computer interface is not, IMO, a valid replacement for these
>options. If I'm using this rig portable (or any rig portable, for that
>matter), I don't want to have to lug a computer along as well just to,
>say, operate cw!

No, the interface is only used if we have a software change in the
transceiver.  You will not
need a computer to operate the transceiver or operate CW.  The Argonaut has
a built in
keyer and is a stand alone transceiver.

73,
Stan Brock, WD0BGS
Amateur Radio Sales

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
  Email:  New product sales/product info         [log in to unmask]
             Service department                         [log in to unmask]
  While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
  the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
  more complete answer to your inquiries.  Thanks!