Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lynne Shandley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:56:32 +1000

Hello all!

another explanation for hair loss after going gf is that hair goes through
cycles of growth.  It grows for a while then stops growing and when the
hair follicle becomes active again, the old hair is shunted out of the way
(if it hasn't already fallen out).

maybe after being GF for a while, the sufferer's nutritional state starts
*improving* and the hair follicles wake up and start growing.  They have
more raw material to work with.  So this would mean there are now more
follicles entering the active stage of growth, so more old hair falls out.
So it may not be as bad as it seems.  The older, long hair is falling out
seemingly by the handful but there could well be new short hairs making an
appearance on the scene.

For those who have been gf for a while, I have no idea.  My hair tends to
shed a lot in autumn (fall) in particular....  From what I read on the
net, 100 hairs a day is pretty normal.  If you have really long hair,
100 hairs is an awful lot of hair compared to someone with a buzz cut.

Just offering a bit of hope to those who are concerned!

anon!

Lynne S
melbourne, Oz

PS I am not a health professional