From:
Phil Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:18:05 -0500
To connect to a jet direct, connect the jet direct to the network and power
the jet direct on.  Once the jet direct is on the network for 5 minutes
press the test button on the jet direct and check out the IP address.  If
the unit is new out of the box the IP address should be 192.0.0.192.  Once
you confirm the jet directs IP. Set your windows machine to the IP address
of 192.0.0.191.  At this point you should be able to ping the jet direct at
192.0.0.192. Now telnet to the jet direct at 192.0.0.192.  To config the jet
direct use these commands  IP: 192.168.1.5 subnet-mask: 255.255.255.0
default-gw: 192.168.1.1.  replace the IP, subnet and gateway with your
setting.  Type quit to save and exit the telnet session on the jet direct.
If you config the jet direct from a windows machine, your keyboard entries
will not echo to your screen.  If you config from a unix machine the
keyboard entries will echo to your screen when you are connected to the jet
direct. Reset your windows machine back to the correct IP address and you
should now be able to ping the jet direct at the ip address of 192.168.1.5
or what you set it at. Your windows machine could have and IP address of
192.168.1.10.

Once the above is completed, set up a standard TCP/IP port to print to under
the printer properties  with the IP address of your jet direct and you
should be printing.

Phil Benson
Embroidery Nation
http://www.embroiderynation.com/