From:
"Rand M. Blunck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:35:43 -0700
Jeff,

Windows XP doesn't support PCI video cards for multi-monitor use if they are
very old.  I've not had any luck with cards with 4 MB of VRAM or less.  You
should pick one and check out it's compatibility with XP at the
manufacturer's site or with a Google search.  With 2 cards, XP allows you to
select which is your primary monitor for games/videos, whereas Win98SE will
automatically pick the one that is booted first.  You can control that in
your BIOS setup.  I don't know of any issues with the KVM switch either, so
I think you are good to go if XP likes your new PCI card.

Good luck,
Rand Blunck
Why Not Try Computing
Glendale, AZ

>  can i use most any pci video card for the upgrade?  i want to keep the
agp card as my main video source, but i remember reading something about the
o/s wanting to use the pc card as the main source.
do you anticipate any problems with the kvm switch?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com