Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 14:26:56 +1200
Derick, you don't say what OS you're using, or planning to use with this
HDD.

If I understand you correctly, you're asking if it it's possible to format a
drive with the native 'Format' command.  I don't see why it shouldn't be
possible.  But I've never tried it, so I'll be interested to see what some
well-informed person might have to say about this.

However, a note about general formatting for use with most of the Windows
OS's:
I've used FDisk for many years but I have a hunch that it's the FDisk app
that's been responsible for the creation of the rash of 'Non-Dos' partitions
which have plagued me recently.  This is damned annoying, as the partition
or drive thus created can't be seen in DOS.

But lately I've been formatting new drives with the specific software
provided by each drive's manufacturer.  And so far (touch wood) the Non-Dos
problem seems to have disappeared.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Derick Keilty"
Subject: [PCBUILD] Partition

> I have a pentium 4 computer with a 60  Gigabyte hard drive. is it possible
to partition the hard drive without using third party software. Thanks
Derick Keilty

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml