From:
"the_ryans.de" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:39:27 +0100
> Date:    Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:30:34 +1300
> From:    unclerichard <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: new to red hat ??
>
> Jerry: I would have to disagree with Jerry. Certainly RH8.0 and Mandrake 9
are workable substitute
> for Windoze, but they might not run on your more modest machines.
>
> I suggest you send your question to one of the LINUX forums - goodness
knows there are hundreds of
> them - for more informed advice. There are many flavours of LINUX and
depending on what you want to
> do there is sure to be one that might suit your needs.
>
> Richard Innes
> Auckland New Zealand

I'm running Redhat 8.0 on a P166 with 128 RAM without any problems.  Ok it
is a bit slugish but every thing works ok.  There is an article "Building a
lowfat linux desktop" that has some real good hints on solving this too.
Being a newbie to Linux I have to gain more experiance to impliment most of
the hints though , such as Wmice ?? desktop instead of KDE or Gome.

Paul Ryan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml