Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:16:21 +1100
For gaming, I would like to change:

1) GF4 Ti4200 64M won't fit in future bill, at least, 128M is a must (see
how DOOM3 use both system and graphics memory like crazy, more games will
like that), so for better performance and better value for money, I would
get a ATi 9500 Pro (must be Pro!!!) 128M card.  consider a 9700 or 9700 Pro
if you like more performance for money.

2) at least 512M of RAM is a must, anything less that won't fit into
"gaming" (again, use DOOM3 as reference).  The best performance from AMD
system comes from nForce2 mobo with two sticks of RAM (twinbank), so I'd
pick A7N8X with 2x 256M RAM (use 2 x 512M would be smarter).

3) and last, unlike most people (here or anywhere else), I strongly disagree
to use Partition Magic, I'd perfer use least amount of software (only use as
needed, nothing funcy).  So, I'd plan ahead, make partitions during setup,
this will make the most clean & better system.

Jun Qian

PS: I follow the "KISS" rule, and think it is the best advise to all
problems.