From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:34:36 -0500
Sounds like the monitor's cable is not properly seated into the pc's 15 pin
video out port.  Try taking it off, inspecting the cable end for any bent
pins, then reattach it to the video out on the back of the pc. Use the
fasteners in the cable end to screw into the video out port, so the cable
can't be knocked loose again.  Turn it only until it starts to resist, don't
make it tight.

Different colors are transmitted on different pins, if one or several are
not making good contact you get these odd shadings in your color as you
describe.

If there is no improvement when you check the cable the problem is most
likely in the monitor.  Tapping the monitor on the side near the edge of the
screen may cause the color to momentarily correct itself.
Tom Turak