From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:07:25 -0800
You can buy clear and smoked Plexiglass in 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch ( and
thicker) from just about any glass shop. This would be a pretty easy thing
to make....especially if you already have a template. If you don't want to
make it yourself then you could probably pay the glass shop to duplicate
your existing cover in <clear>.

I don't see why you couldn't spray paint the top and side housing of your
drive....just don't get any on the electronics, and you might want to use
an engine, or heat spray paint, if these drives run hot....by hot I mean
you can't keep your finger on them after they have run for a while.
However, you might be voiding the warranty by painting them..you would have
to ask the manufacture.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 12:49 AM 1/16/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>    I have a couple of questions concerning pc cases.  First, I just
> purchased an A-TOP Aluminum case (model AT751) w/an acrylic front
> cover.  The problem is that it has a blue tint (the rest of the case is
> aluminum w/a clear side window/fan kit).  When I purchased it on-line, I
> thought I can live with the "blue tint", however, when I set it up with
> my new silver metallic drives, it just doesn't look right.  My question,
> where can I purchase or special order a "clear" acrylic front panel to
> replace the blue one.  I tried the manufacturers site and came up
> empty.  One more question, I had a hard time finding sites selling
> "colored" drives.  I did find the following sites: Directron, Ocsystem, &
> Buyaib, I purchased my drives at Electroseller, but they only have a
> small selection of s
>ilver & black components.  Can anyone suggest any other sites ?  Thanks
>                      Al
>P.S. If anyone can recommend a "local" shop in the Orange County, New York
>area that can cut a replacement acrylic front panel that would be great.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml