From:
Ian Carmichael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:01:09 -0500
At 12:49 AM 1/16/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>    I have a couple of questions concerning pc cases.  First, I just
> purchased an A-TOP Aluminum case (model AT751) w/an acrylic front
> cover.  The problem is that it has a blue tint (the rest of the case is
> aluminum w/a clear side window/fan kit).  When I purchased it on-line, I
> thought I can live with the "blue tint", however, when I set it up with
> my new silver metallic drives, it just doesn't look right.  My question,
> where can I purchase or special order a "clear" acrylic front panel to
> replace the blue one.  I tried the manufacturers site and came up
> empty.  One more question, I had a hard time finding sites selling
> "colored" drives.  I did find the following sites: Directron, Ocsystem, &
> Buyaib, I purchased my drives at Electroseller, but they only have a
> small selection of s
>ilver & black components.  Can anyone suggest any other sites ?  Thanks
>                      Al

Don't know where you can specifically find front panels, but I would
suggest searching for "PC Mods" sites.  As for colored components, I'd
asked list members about this before and someone forwarded this:

http://www.mypcmadness.com/articles/painting_faceplates.shtml.

Tried it on a new DVR-A05 just yesterday and it looks good (lighter than
casing, but it works),  For the actual drawer, rather that spray painting
it, I'm going to try using a Sharpie marker if I find a matching color.  A
search for colored components will lead you to sites like Directon,  where
you find colored floppy drives and colored bezels for specific
manufacturers drives (CD/DVD, floppy).  Also, try
http://www.colorcase.com/colorcase-store/ for colored drives.  With most
sites, you're options are usually silver or black (except floppies; you'll
find more color options with these).  Some months ago I did find a site
that had Pioneer DVR-A04 DVD-R drives in a multitude colors.  they also had
a selection of colored CD drives, but, alas, lost/forgot the URL.  Search
on appropiate terms and you'll probably find it. HTH

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml