From:
Sheila Hartline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:16:47 -0600
Long time reader - first time to ask a question.  I am the sole user of
my computer and using AVG Antivirus and Zone Alarm Firewall with XP Home
Edition.  I am continually prompted to download security fixes.  I read
the explanations, but don't always understand what they are talking
about, or if it applies to my situation. Also, in my ADD/REMOVE Programs
(Control Panel) there are 17 listings for Windows Hot Fix at 24.06MB
each.  Each has a reference number, and I know that I could find the
explanations somewhere on the MS website - but would not understand
exactly what they are talking about or if the fixes are necessary for
me.  Is there a website that tracks all these updates and explains them
simply? And/or discusses the situation in which you would really need
these fixes? #1 - I don't want to download something I don't really
need.  #2 - I don't trust Microsoft not to install tracking/logging
programs or access programs (I have the remote function turned off).
Thank you, Sheila Hartline

---

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com