From:
Neal Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:03:05 -0600
Weird situation I have working. I have a dual boot system with Win 98
and Win XP Pro. Hardware is: P4 1.3, 384mb RDRam, 30gig and 20gig WD
hard drives, GeForce4 Ti4200, Intel mobo.
I believe this is hardware since I'm getting it in both operating
systems.
In Win 98, while surfing with IE 6, the web page will freeze followed by
a complete system lockup...no mouse, keyboard, nothing...only way out is
to hard boot.
In Win XP Pro, the same thing will happen...IE 6 will freeze but this
time the screen will flicker off for about 1 to 2 seconds and then come
back on and everything will be fine.
I'm thinking either a Ram problem...cache problem maybe? Or a heat
problem, but I think all my fans are running fine.
The only software that I have loaded on both operating systems recently
is Ad Aware, but I look closely at the things it finds before I have it
clean things out.
The problem doesn't seem to be web page specific and isn't a constant
occurrence...just seems to pop up every once in a while.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Neal Collins

                     visit our download web page at: