From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 23:28:42 -0500
On Saturday 02 November 2002 10:16 pm, Peter Shkabara wrote:
> At the risk of starting a very long thread, I will ask for a
> recommendation on a computer case. I like the shape of the InWin IW-A500
> since it is a bit wider but shorter than others. However, the IW-A500
> does not have a removable access panel. You need to remove the cover as
> one piece. I also want a VERY quiet case, although I suppose a
> PowerCooling power supply could fix that for just about any case.
>
> The motherboard is likely to be P4, although I have not ruled out an AMD
> option.
>
> Cost is not a major factor, but I am not looking wow factor with
> translucent panels and such. Just a very functional, quiet computer.
> Thank you for any advise on this basic hardware item.
>
> Peter
> ------------------
> The NoSpin Group

Peter:
Have you looked at Antec's products? Good fit and finish (no rattles, no
panel drumming, no sharp edges to shave your skin, disk drives slide into
place easily), extra hardware, provisions for extra fans, UL/CSA/AMD-approved
power supplies, side panels easily removed, and they're widely available at
many stores -- including CompUSA. Mine (at least) doesn't have the standard
monolithic molded base, but rather uses four feet attached to the bottom of
the case that pivot outward to resist tipping. About the only hassle is that
they tend to hang up in the carpet when I slide the case under the table, but
that's pretty minor.
Regards,
Carroll Grigsby