From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:21:47 -0700
At 10:46 AM 11/1/2002, Paul Ryan wrote:
>Hi, I have a question regarding the BIOS hd limit of 32GB.  If my BIOS only suports
>8,4GB and I install a 30GB hard drive will the computer hang or will it damge the new
>hard drive?  My BIOS version isn't listed on the Gigabyte web site. GA656TX3 v.1.09 the
>new  BIOS is 2.01.  I would like to try without updating but wheras the new hard drive
>is worth more than the board I don't want to take a chance on damaging it.

Will installing this hard drive cause it to be damaged by the old Bios?
No.

What you will have is a 30gig hard drive that is seen as a 8.4gig hard
drive by your computer.  That is the reality of the hardware.   Your drive
should come with a software addon program that will over come this
problem allowing the computer to use the drive as a 30gig hard drive.
This small program will load before the operating system and stay
resident in your ram memory.  Typically, it takes up some ram memory,
lower ram and slows the PC down...  a little.

     Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group
http://freepctech.com

                     support at our newest website: