From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:36:30 -0700
Hi all, well it's funny about this receiver, I have a friend who had one.
I always fancied it. Thought it would be pretty decent, since, you could do
all of this tweaking of the latter stages of r.f. with the preselectors.
But he always said "problem with this thing is, it's always over loading."
I had a chance once to play with a Barlo-Wadley portable, and if I am not
mistaken, it used the same technology, the pll that was named after
Barlo-Wadley.
But, this portable was an incrediblereceiver, so I felt that anything
derived on this principle had to be pretty good.
I think if I ever came across one of either of these receivers for cheap
money, I 'd grab it in an instant.
But, I am happy, now with the Lowe H.F.-150 that I picked up a number of
years ago. Sort of all the receiver I need, now.