C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 14:15:31 -0400
Well, Ken, regardless of what I was taught in middle school history, I
agree.  From the outset, the colonists never desired a central gov't that
could over-ride state laws.  Folks' allegiance was to their home state, not
the Federal gov't.  Why else would Robert E. Lee have anguished over his
decision to lead the Army of Northern Virginia against his own in the war?
He fought side-by-side with those New England boys in the Mexican War.  He
only agreed to join the Confederacy because his allegiance to Virginia was
stronger.  As you said, though, the victor has the option of writing the
historical account of the conflict.

Kyle

(Ken, you and I both know the Southrons will rise again.  LOL)