C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:56:10 -0600
Dan,

So, if you have self-identified, or been identified as a person with a
disability at your university, you're _required_ to submit petitions of
the type you mentioned through the Disability Support Services office,
and people without disabilities are not required to have a "sponsoring"
organization for petitions?!  That seems just a tad discriminatory to
me.  I'd think it should be the petitioner's choice whether to have DSS
involved in their petition.  Of course, if you've been working with DSS
your entire college career, they may have good information to back up
your petition, but if they're being slow to act, you should be able to
get a copy of that info, and provide it yourself.

Kendall Corbett
Coordinator of Consumer Activities
Wyoming INstitute for Disabilities -WIND
PO Box 4298
Laramie, WY 82071
(307) 766-2853