C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:18:37 -0400
  Hi Ken,

   I have been busy revamping the kitchen!!

   I must tell that the sniper had made an impact on what, where and how
people are going about their business here. The Red Beret guys are pumping
as at some stations, and one woman - danced while she put the hose thing
into her car - then hopped in her car - out the seat in full recline and the
half way thru filling up was so hysterical she pulled the hose oput and
left. Mikd over reacting I think!! My Dad was here to check on the winter
home, and said on Post (Fort for non-military folks) the commissary, PX (
Post Exchange - like mini dept store), and gas station had endlessly long
lines - people who usually did their shopping off post - came to where they
thought it was safe. And it should be since 9/11 - they stop every single
vehicle going on post - its spooky - armed MP's. And the Pentagon is still
surrounded by Machine Gun topped Hummer's and dozens of other Hummers and
state police vehicles. Sunday, I worked at Hecht's and the mall was really
empty. I wam hoping that the bus shooting is just a copy cat and they have
the sniper in custody.

I must tell you - every other person here must drive a white van of some
sort - I gave up trying to keep up with them. I must tell on myself - I got
a bit nervous when I came out of a different door of the Home Depot and
couldn't find my car - It was behind a white van. LOL

                  Trisha