EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patrick Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:14:30 -0800
JFW is the JAWS For Windows screen reader. Unfortunately, as the name
suggests, it works in the Windows operating system.

Pranav, the features overview at www.gwmicro.com says that details on Flash
& other web access issues are covered in Appendix E of the manual (for
WindowEyes4.5). Until someone chimes in with personal experience, give that
a try.

Patrick

At 11:41 AM 12/11/2003, M.E. Lake Conway wrote:
>Aloha Pranav,
>
>Never heard of jfw, can you explain what it is?  Does it work with mac osx?
>
>Thanks, ME
>
>On 12/11/03 12:45 AM, "Pranav Lal" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does Window Eyes work with Macromedia flash? I have flash content on a web
> > page in internet explorer and jfw reads the content without any problems
> > but window eyes does not.
> >
> > The computer on which this content resides and on which I am doing the
> > testing is running windows 2000 and ie version 5.0. Is the version of IE
> > the problem? I have tested the content on IE6 with JFW v5. I cannot install
> > window eyes on the IE6 machine.
> >
> > Pranav

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<