EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patrick Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:33:46 -0800
Need some adaptive tech flashback help here ...:

We got a call from a person who is having a small but aggravating problem
with his 10-year-old system. He has Flipper, Wp51, & a Kurzweil Personal
Reader system. He is using Procomm Plus Version 2 for DOS to do data
transfer from the scanner to the computer (specifically a Procomm module
called prd.com). The glitch is that after data is transferred, the KPR
won't give control of the Dectalk speech back to Flipper. Flipper works
fine until he tries to scan something, & the scanned text is read by the
KPR, but he can't get back to Flipper except by restarting. Until recently
of course everything worked as advertised.

So, do any of the veterans here remember how any of this works? In
particular, does anyone know what prd.com does? (We have no manuals, the
program help is silent on the issue, & Symantec isn't supporting old
Procomm versions.)

I'm very hesitant to trash the old system, since it works fine for the
writing & editing that the client is doing. Any changes would mean a major
delay while learning new software, etc.

So, if anyone has an idea about prd.com, or Flipper synthesizer
negotiation, please let me know. Probably best to get in touch offlist:

I laughed when the Flipper topic came up a week or two ago. I guess that'll
learn me!

Patrick