EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Comden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:02:58 -0800
While it's true that many people with disabilities may take longer to
complete tasks, I think the alarming number that's mentioned in the report
overview is that only 12.5% were able to complete the four tasks. Even
more amazing is the 78% figure for the control group. It's not clear that
task completion is separate from the time issue, or if there were time
limits to complete the tasks.

Even if web resource providers ignore accessibility, do they really want
to lose a potential 12% of customer's requests? This indicates a serious
usability problem that Nielsen continues, rightly, to bring up.

I'm curious if anyone on this list has plunked down the $190 for a copy of
the report and read it. Was there a time limit to complete the tasks?

-*- Dan Comden                   [log in to unmask]
    Adaptive Technology Lab      http://www.washington.edu/computing/atl/
    University of Washington     http://www.washington.edu/doit/