From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 07:58:55 -0500
Two things come to mind.
Your BIOS can't be compatible with XP since XP changes all the rules about
how a BIOS and the OS inter-react... (This is a feature, not a bug...)
Some where right near the beginning of the XP installation, you need to hit a key
that will allow you to "force" a generic HAL. (Hardware Abstraction Layer.)
You want one with NO power management. (That is what ACPI stands for.)

As far as files not found when you KNOW they are there during an install.
I get that when my RAM is marginally defective.  You might want to beg, (or
borrow) some different RAM.   Good luck...

                                 Rick Glazier

From: "GeorgeMary" <[log in to unmask]>