From:
Ken Engelhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:29:38 -0400
Using the 2-million rule, we
> would only "eat right" on food from equitorial Africa.
>
> Tom Barber

Don't agree.  e.g. We wouldn't have found too much starchy and sweet food
eating fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, eggs, nuts and seeds in equitorial
Africa.  If we eat the same type of foods from other parts of the world, we
still won't get too much sugar and starch and will avoid insulin resistance.
If we do eat grains, tubers, legumes and milk and sugars we will get insulin
resistance problems.

If we ate the foods in equitorial Africa we would get lots of antioxidants.
Ditto for the same food types found elsewhere on the planet.

Same argument for Omega 3s etc.

There is no reason to think that a body adapted to eating zebras will do
badly on reindeer because they are not that different.

It could be that foods found in a different part of the world will have a
substance that some react badly to because we have not evolved to tolerate
it.  Hence the New World foods problem for some.  New World foods don't
bother me so it is likely that  my body can't tell that we're not still
roaming the savannah.

Ken