From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:33:12 -0800
Hi Jun Qian - thanks for the feedback. With the WD800JB drive your
system would be similar to mine with the 8M buffer. Do you go through
the shutdown procedure where the computer turns off throught software on
shutdown? This is where my corruption takes place.

Since posting this originally, I have run into a number of forums where
users report the same NTFS corruption problem. Till I got the new
computer, I had not had failurs with NTFS. However, running CHKDSK on my
Win2k and XP installs of earlier computers also revealed errors even
though I had no boot failures or loss of data (at least non that I am
aware of). The reported errors, however, are not very conforting.

Peter
The NoSpin Group