CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judith Daley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 10:16:10 -0500

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone that responded to my post on Cankers and Oral
Ulcers.  It seems that no one has seen or heard of my symptoms exactly.
Although, I had a number of people tell me that before they were
diagnosed with Celiac they did suffer from cankers.  Suggestions thrown
my way were:

1- Keep a look out for any possible sources of hidden gluten

2- Possibly a B-vitamin deficiency, try vitamin and mineral supplements

3- Do the best to remain 100% GF

4- Possibly try Regranex, a recombinant epidermal growth factor
   .....(GF/Non-GF?, I don't know if I would put this in my mouth!)

5- Sodium Laural Sulfate, in toothpaste, was mentioned to have been
   eating away at the inside of one members mouth

    Overall, everyone that responded offered encouragement to keep
looking for answers and to not give up on the search.  Thank you for all
your support!

Judith :o)