BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 21:19:29 -0800
My brother and his buddies used to drink Shaffer beer til they left some in
the sugarhouse one night and it froze.  He said if beer froze it was no
good and they stopped drinking it, Shaffer went out of business soon
after--guess the "Putney Boys" were all that was keeping to brewery in
business.

I once traded a bicycle for a banty rooster and 2 banty hens.  My parents
were none too happy.  Ruth

At 5:21 PM -0500 12/19/02, Ken Follett wrote:
Oh no Ken, I like Genie Cream, 'specially on tap

Eric,

Yeah, and I like Old Milwaukee & Rheingold too... joke upstate for Gennie,
back in my farm country fireplace building days, ancient history, was that
they sent it off to the Cornell veterinary lab for analysis and it came
back with a report of 100% horse piss. I don't mind the beer, just can't
help kicking it for the old joke. Mostly I like beers for the people I
drink them with. Pop a can on me, please. I especially like a warm
Ballantine Ale that has been setting too near the wood stove in a winter
room with a lot of homey music being made.

When I was in Oregon on a day I worked throwing hay bales for a local
native and he wanted to pay my and my buddy off with a six pack of some
sort of dusty-bottle beer that he said he had been holding since his son
died in Vietnam, yeah right, real special, and a milk carton of frozen
trout. I was under the influence of Bahallah and his cute hussies and was
happy to get anything for the labor... my more sensible buddy insisted on
getting some cash. He was a smart feller and stole my boots when he split
from the reservation... but that is another story. That was also about the
time I traded my 46' Chevy PU for a goat and a nearly dead Harley.
Leastways I did not come home with an older woman... that time.

Cheers,
][<en

--
Ruth Barton