BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 02:33:42 -0400
From: "M. P. Edison" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: In honor of the late Messrs. Bien and National Partition
Month

> I can't say that I am inclined to notice heads of hair, as a rule, but
> I couldn't help but notice the really interesting questions asked by
> DebCaves today. I got to talk about the theory of how latex-
> modification works. Apparently Ralph got to notice hair and catch a
few
> z's.

and all, I must report that the talk was very interesting but the young
mr. edison complained on the way out that the whole affair was
improperly constituted, since pinheads were in the majority in the room,
and there was not one salute given   ;)
I'll admit to being remiss in that regard...

but I sure enjoyed learning more about masonry repair and finding out
what a whitchamajiggy is really called in technospeak...  and for those
of you who don't know, the whole way I got crossed up with ][<en and BP
in the first place, lo these many years ago, was because of inquiries I
and some others were making about alternatives to muriatic acid for
graffitti removal in KY caves which had been widely vandalized...
at the time we were looking at poulticing the limestone and he was
advising...
and we all thought it was funny that Gab and Eti were into historic
privies like I was...
up until then, I'd thought I was the only person in the world with THAT
interest   ;)

now I'm seeing the connections between dots again, as young mr e showed
slides today of stone repair and the lights went on for me -- we have
some damage to formations in heavily used sport caves, or "sacrificial"
caves as they're called -- that would be very amenable to some of the
products and techniques he was illustrating...
thanks humor czar for lunch, and
thank you mike, for taking the time to answer my questions, even though
I probably won't ever be able to spec your products for any
multi-gajillion dollar jobs
you're a true pinhead, salutes or no salutes  ;)
I think the info will be put to good use regardless

so we should never say no if we've just finished a job and someone
offers lunch and some slides, because you just never know what you're
going to learn....
and you might get a buncha compliments about your (rapidly thinning and
greying) hair, to boot   ;)

sign me, "miss information"