From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:42:28 -0500
 Hi ray,
generally, banks will actually divide a scanner's channels into progressive
blocks of numbers. For example, on my pro-92, the radio has 10 banks of 50
channels each. Bank 0 includes channels 000 through 049, bank 1 contains
channels 100 through 149, bank 2 contains channels 200 through 249 up
through bank 9 which includes channels 900 through 949. Banks schemes will
generally follow this pattern with the number of banks and the number of
channels included in each bank differing according to manufacturer and
model. the bottom line, though, is that you will be able to determine what
bank you are programming by the number of the channel you are programming.

Both the Uniden and Radio Shack scanners tend to employ a system for turning
the banks on and off as the scanner is scanning. this is done from the
keypad. On both of my radio shack scanners that have 10 or fewer banks,
pushing the keypad number button that corresponds to the bank number toggles
that bank on and off. My Uniden BC8500 uses the numbers 0 through 9 and a
set of letter keys, a through j to toggle the 20 memory banks on and off.

I hope this info is of some help.

73

Ron
n6msa