From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:08:04 -0800
I really don't see that a new list is in order.  This  list activity goes in spurts, and a subject will come up. Then, there will be a lot of traffic on it for a week or
maybe even longer, then it will just kind of fade away until the next time.  Bringing up the programming of handhelds is a good example.  I'm not all that interested
in a lot of it, but I know the subject will die down in a few days and it does.

Besides, many of us can't get on the air much for one reason or another, and I think something like echolink is a great chance to still be somewhat active in the
hobby.  Discussion on this list just might get a few more (like me) fired up enough to try it out.

I really think the intensive discussion of echolink will run its course just like the topic of old receivers and transmitters, handhelds, and everything else.  And it,
like the subjects I just mentioned will come up again from time to time.

I realize some people get a bit tired of some of this, but what's a list for if it isn't for discussing what hams like to talk about?

Don W6SMB