From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:28:40 -0800
Hi Bud,

I'm sending this to the list in case anyone else wants to turn off announcement of the spacebar.  In window eyes, bring up the control pannel with alt
backslash and then go to the keyboard menu.

Press enter on punctuation and you'll find an entry for space.  (About the fourth choice down).  Press enter on that, and one of the choices there is "off".

Once you've made the change, don't forget to save your set file to make the change permanent.

Don  W6SMB

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:52:00 -0800, Bud Schwab wrote:

Hi gang,

I'm trying to figure out how to use echolink.  One thing I need to do is to
stop the spacebar from saying space and I can't find out where to do it.  I
am using wineyes.  I understand you hold the spacebar down while
transmitting.  Also is there a kind of tutorial or readme that would give
me a few clues including the various hot keys?  I've played around with it
a little but haven't figured much out yet.
Any help would be welcome.
Thanks.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P