From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:32:25 -0800
Maybe many of you knew these things existed, but I didn't unti9l
yesterday.  I mentioned to a friend I was wanting something to make it
easy for me to take files back and forth between home and work.  He gave
me this thing about the size of a bick lighter that plugs into a usb port.
He called it a pin drive or stick drive.  I'm not sure what the right name
is, but absolutely the coolest thing i've seen in a long time.  You just
pull the end cover off and plug it in.  I'm running win 2k here at work
and it said, "new hardware found" and recognized it as drive e.  TLhis
particular one will hold 32 meg and he says they're about $30.00  I guess
you can buy them up to a gig, but not sure how much these would cost.  He
said thay are a flash ram.  I'm running 95 and 98 at home, sohope one of
those machines will see it.  Anyhow, just thought i'd mention it.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr