From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:28:41 -0500
Even if you pack in the midst of clothing, you have no assurance that it
will be there after the convicts and drug dealers who will be searching your
baggage get through pawing through it.  I heard one estimate over Christmas
that claims for stolen/lost personal effects are expected to triple as a
direct result of this new "security" procedure, possibly driving one or two
already hard-pressed airlines completely under.