From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:12:53 -0700
Larry I agree but there is so much being pumped through the satellites both on the main channels and as multiplexed signals it is anyone's guess.  Perhaps with some more data as to content we can get closer to an answer.  I recall the early days of tv here when they used to send cw on the audio  of the local tv station from the microwave relay points between Salt Lack City and Boise so the engineers could know various things about the comm links, antenna configuration or such.  With dedicated data circuits this has been eliminated for the most part.  It is my guess that there is some kind of transponder identification or perhaps another data service using  a portion of the audio bandwidth that is not being filtered out somewhere and is getting into the broadcast distribution loop.

thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN   VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
[log in to unmask]     http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720,    341 W WASHINGTON,    BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours,                    Fax  208-334-2963