From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:33:35 -0700
John,  is this radio the 707 or just the V7A unit?

The voice chip reads frequency, memory number, VHF, memory, or call button
when you push the button it tells you switch one you hit, when you hit the
menu button it tells you that too but it doesn't read the menu but I can
help you with that if you decide on the radio. It also reads PL tone when
you select them, you can check which tone is selected. For power, high on 2
meters if 50, 440 is 35 w,  medium if 10 and low is 5, medium and low
applies to both bands and it sounds a lower beep for high power so you know
which setting you just selected, the tone button for CTCSS and PL tone also
sounds a lower beep for of as does every button actually, even the band
button sounds a lower beep for 2 meters,  it's really a nice radio. 1 of the
best I've had. I'll keep this one for a long long time I think.
John Miller N1UMJ
Owner: J E M Racing need sponsors and crew help
to chat with me  AOL instant messenger JEMracing3